HOME Choice: Program Description and Eligibility Requirements
Ohio’s HOME Choice program transitions eligible Ohioans from institutional settings to home and community-based settings, where they receive services and supports at home and in their communities.
Established in 2008 with a goal of transitioning 2,000 Ohioans, the program has become a national leader in moving people back home. As of July 1, 2019, more than 13,000 people have enjoyed a new-found independence though HOME Choice.
Who is eligible to participate?
To be eligible for HOME Choice an individual must:
- Be enrolled in Medicaid
- Have resided in a long-term care facility for at least 90 consecutive days
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have income to sustain community living
- Participate in a needs assessment and have a need for the program
- Have care needs that can be adequately met in a community setting
How do I learn more and apply?
Individuals and family members/guardian will work with the long-term care facility and HOME Choice transition staff to apply, discuss options and coordinate services and supports.
Questions about HOME Choice?
Call us at 1-888-221-1560 or email HOME_Choice@medicaid.ohio.gov